Travel safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during this experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Safari Type: Private tour
Cost per person: 4* 4 jeep
Group number: 2 people Minimum for departure
Single Traveler Supplement: 40% of the quoted price per person
Accommodation type: Mid- Range tented room with own verandah
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
DAY: 1 ARUSHA – LAKE MANYARA
Arusha – Our professional driver and guide will pick you from your hotel in Arusha, and from there you will be driven to Serengeti National Park. Your first game drive follows in the afternoon where you will see great herds of buffalo, smaller groups of elephant and giraffe, and thousands of eland, topi, kongoni, impala and Grant’s gazelle among other exotic animals. Afterwards, you’ll proceed to Seronera wildlife lodge for your dinner and overnight accommodation.
Today is dedicated to a full day game drive along Serengeti plains- home to elusive lions, leopards, elephants, cheetah, buffalo, zebra, wildebeest, wild dog, gazelles, and crocodiles among others. The Serengeti is famed for its incredible wildlife, stunning views and the annual migration of over 1.5 million wildebeest and hundreds of thousands of zebras. In this frenzied bout of territorial conquests and mating, witness an actual survival of the fittest as these animals plunge through crocodile-infested waters. The wildebeest will birth more than 8,000 calves daily before the 1,000 km (600 mile) pilgrimage begins again. You will enjoy your packed lunch at the picnic site to be decided by your driver.
DAY3:SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK – NGORONGORO CRATER
After breakfast you will proceed for a final early morning game viewing and later you will depart to Ngoro Ngoro Conservation area. You will optionally have a stopover at Olduvai Gorge (optional and all related costs not included in the package price) boasting with a history dating back to the dawn of time. It was here, that the anthropologists Drs. Lois and Mary Leakey discovered the skulls of ‘Nutcracker Man’ and ‘Handy Man’, both very significant links in the chain of human evolution. You will arrive at the Ngoro Ngoro conservation area late evening .dinner and overnight at the simba campsite.
DAY4:NGORONGORO CRATER – ARUSHA
After early breakfast you will descend into the crater to view wildlife for a half day’s safari tour. Ngorongoro National Park supports a vast variety of animals, which include herds of wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, eland, warthog, hippo, and giant African elephants. Another big draw card to this picturesque national park is its dense population of predators, which include lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs and the ever-elusive leopard, which sometimes requires a trained eye to spot its prey. Picnic lunch and later depart back to Arusha for dinner and overnight stay.